Welcome to the AGC’s “Email your Legislators” system.
Please note that the system is receiving an overwhelming volume of “hits” at this time. Long emails slow down the system and reduce the number of emails the system can send.
Due to the deluge of emails, the legislators are NOT reading your email, no matter how well written it may be. The legislators are simply counting emails opposing or supporting the gun bills under consideration.
- SHORT AND TO THE POINT ARE THE KEYS TO EFFECTIVE EMAIL
- PLEASE KEEP YOUR EMAIL AS BRIEF AS POSSIBLE
- REMEMBER: NOT ALL LEGISLATORS SUPPORT OR OPPOSE ANY GIVEN PIECE OF LEGISLATION, SO DON’T DEFINE THEIR POSITION, DEFINE YOURS!
- DO NOT SEND THE SAME EMAIL MULTIPLE TIMES– IT ONLY ANNOYS THE LEGISLATORS AND DISCREDITS YOU AND US. THE SYSTEM SPAM CONTROL FUNCTION WILL BLACKLIST THOSE WHO VIOLATE THIS WARNING.
- DO NOT KEEP CLICKING ON THE SEND BUTTON – YOU MUST GIVE THE SYSTEM TIME TO PROCESS YOUR EMAIL
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU SEND YOUR EMAIL TO THE ENTIRE MARYLAND GENERAL ASSEMBLY THERE IS NO NEED TO SEND THE SAME EMAIL TO THE SENATE, HOUSE OR COMMITTEES!
REMEMBER: Click “Send” ONLY once!